There are so many types (examples) of crypto-currencies. They are:
How to make money from bitcoin Read here
- 1) Lite-coin (LTC) Litecoin, launched in the year 2011, was among the initial cryptocurrencies following bitcoin and was often referred to as ‘silver to Bitcoin’s gold.’
- 2) Ethereum (ETH): Ethereum is an open-source, public, blockchain-based distributed computing platform featuring smart contract (scripting) functionality.] It provides a decentralized Turing-complete virtual machine, the Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM), which can execute scripts using an international network of public nodes. Ethereum also provides a cryptocurrency token called “ether”, which can be transferred between accounts and used to compensate participant nodes for computations performed. “Gas”, an internal transaction pricing mechanism, is used to mitigate spam and allocate resources on the network
- 3) Zcash (ZEC): Zcash is a cryptocurrency that grew out of the Zerocoin project, aimed at improving anonymity for Bitcoin users. … Zcash payments are published on a public blockchain, but users are able to use an optional privacy feature to conceal the sender, recipient, and amount being transacted.
- 4) Dash (formerly known as Darkcoin and XCoin) is an open source peer-to-peer crypto-currency that aims to be the most user-friendly[ and most on-chain-scalable crypto-currency in the world. On top of Bitcoin’s feature set, it currently offers instant transactions (Instant Send),[ private transactions (Private Send)[ and operates a self-governing and self-funding model that enables the Dash network to pay individuals and businesses to perform work that adds value to the network[. Dash’s decentralized governance and budgeting system makes it a decentralized autonomous organization
- 5) Ripple (XRP) Ripple.com: Ripple is a real-time gross settlement system (RTGS), currency exchange and remittance network by Ripple. Also called the Ripple Transaction Protocol (RTXP) or Ripple protocol, it is built upon a distributed open source Internet protocol, consensus ledger and native currency called XRP (ripples).
- 6) Monero (XMR)Others are:
- Full Supported Coins List:
– Bitcoin: Bitcoin is a new currency that was created in 2009 by an unknown person using the alias Satoshi Nakamoto. Transactions are made with no middle men – meaning, no banks! There are no transaction fees and no need to give your real name. More merchants are beginning to accept them: You can buy web-hosting services, pizza or even manicures. (read more about bitcoin)– Litecoin: Litecoin (LTC or Ł) is a peer-to-peer cryptocurrency and open source software project released under the MIT/X11 license. Creation and transfer of coins is based on an open source cryptographic protocol and is not managed by any central authority.- MasterCoin– Peercoin: also known as PPCoin or PPC, is a peer-to-peer cryptocurrency utilizing both proof-of-stake and proof-of-work systems. Peercoin is based on an August 2012 paper which listed the authors as Scott Nadal and Sunny King. Sunny King, who also created Primecoin, is a pseudonym– Nxt: Nxt is an open source cryptocurrency and payment network launched in November 2013 by anonymous software developer BCNext. It uses proof-of-stake to reach consensus for transactions—as such there is a static money supply and, unlike bitcoin, no mining– Namecoin: Namecoin is an experimental open-source technology which improves decentralization, security, censorship resistance, privacy, and speed of certain components of the Internet infrastructure such as DNS and identities. … Bitcoin frees money – Namecoin frees DNS, identities, and other technologies. (source: https://namecoin.org/).
It is a cryptocurrency and the first fork of the bitcoin software. It is based on the code of bitcoin and uses the same proof-of-work algorithm. It is limited to 21 million coins. Unlike bitcoin, Namecoin can store data within its own blockchain transaction database.
– Quark: Quark: is a peer-to-peer digital currency that uses the most advanced and latest algorithms in cryptography, making it more secure than Bitcoin and other alt-coins. Not only that Quark is a CPU mined only digital currency. (source: www.quarkcoins.com)– ProtoShares: ProtoShare is a collaborative prototyping application. With ProtoShare you can create feature-rich, interactive prototypes ranging from gray-box wireframes to pixel-perfect design comps. You can use ProtoShare to discuss and refine wireframes, design comps, and even live websites with your project stakeholders. source: userguide.protoshare.com/developer/what-is-protoshare